Thursday, February 6, 2014

Another Favorite.


This is the registration desk at the convention center at Big Cedar.  Notice the elevator to the right.  I just love it with deer painted on the doors!  Here's a close up of the elevator.  Inside the doors are painted like this, too.

Today we didn't even offer to go anywhere.  It was too cold.  I imagine the roads were pretty decent, but it just wasn't worth it to go outside unless it was really necessary and it wasn't.  However, Lee's sore jaw is back.  He thought it was a toothache when he had it back in the fall.  He rushed to the dentist and they did x-rays and couldn't see a thing.  The dentist thought maybe he had an infection starting and causing the pain, so he gave him antibiotics and a pain killer.  That took care of it for then, but it started coming back yesterday.  He called them today and got new scripts called into the pharmacy here.  I guess we'll go out tomorrow and get them.  It's really a strange kind of pain; he'll go see the dentist, again, as soon as we get home.  It's crazy how one thing and then another begins to show age, isn't it?  I thank God that we have docs to see us through these crumbling times.

Tomorrow we will also be packing to move into town for the next 3 weeks.  I have two of the weeks scheduled at the same place and hope to get the third week at the same place.  It's one of those deals that I can only schedule 10 days ahead, so there is no certainty.  I hope to get it at the same place to cut out an additional move.  We still won't be IN town, but we'll be over by the hatchery; it's closer than this is, but still right on the lake and not far at all from town.

Oh!  The game last night wasn't on TV, here, so we didn't eat in front of the TV.  I watched the score and the stats online, so we kept up with it that way.  The chili and cornbread were good and the bread pudding was pretty awesome if I did make it, myself!  We were very pleased with it and will do it, again.  Spenda is a wonderful thing.  I made the whole pudding with only 5 Splenda packets; it was plenty sweet and not enough Splenda to hurt us.  (I know Splenda has it's issues over the long haul, but if I eat too much it gives me terrible stomach cramps.  I know sugar feeds cancer, so I have to have some kind of substitute and I like it when I can sweeten a whole dessert with only 5 packets.) So, there's the bread pudding report.  YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment