Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pampered.

Today started out tough.  Lee is worn out from his last couple of weeks of toothache, surgery and drugs.  They are giving him high powered antibiotics (double what he was taking before, plus another one) and they are working on his stomach.  I'm pretty much worn out from dealing with all that for him.  This morning we got up early to get ready for church.  I had my make up on; Lee had showered and we'd had breakfast.  Our clothes were laying on the bed to put on for church.  I felt SO tired, I laid down on the bed for just a minute.  When I did I heard my blood pumping rampant in my head. Every now and then my heart rushes like that, but usually it's at night so it doesn't bother me.  Well, I was up and around and I guess it made me really tired.  Lee came in and laid down beside me.  We were both worn out and the day had just begun.  We laid there a few minutes and I said, "You know, I don't feel like driving to church and I don't trust you to drive."  All the drugs he's on make him goofy and these roads are curvy and he's not at home here.  He wasn't offended and it was easy to give in to me.  We just kept laying there and had a nap.  After a while he got up and moved all our clothes off the bed and left me to sleep until nearly noon.  I guess I needed it.  After lunch I went back and had another nap.  We both feel better; it was just a rough start to the day.  Last week we missed church because Lee was in such pain and swelling with his tooth.  The Sunday before we missed because of the snow.  Next week they'll think we're visiting, again!  Surely we'll be able to go then!

Lee has pampered me all day.  I slept a lot of the day and when I wasn't sleeping I was reading.  We had food from the freezer which I'd prepared previously.  So it's been easy for me.  It was a beautiful day and we should have gone out and walked, but neither of us had the energy.  I think we needed a full day of rest.  I thank God for the opportunity to rest and give our bodies the opportunity to heal from recent stress.

I was looking forward to the All Star basketball game tonight, but they're doing so much hype and not playing that it's making me tired.  I hope the game is good, but I'm having my doubts at this point.

2 comments:

  1. You sure are pampered, and you well deserve it! ENJOY every minute of it! Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete