Monday, February 3, 2014

Empty Nest.

One day in this past, fast week we went to the Grand Village and ate lunch at Mel's Hard Luck Diner. While we were there Sissy and I climbed up into the rocker to get our pic made.  I wish we'd had time to go back and get one of Ruthie in there with us.  We didn't think she'd want to walk down there to it, but we could have driven closer, I think.  It's one of those things we can just WISH we did.  We had so much fun sharing time.  It didn't really matter what we did; it as all fun!

We got 4.5 inches yesterday and more is predicted for the rest of the week, so they all felt like they'd better head for home.  I just talked to Ruthie and got a text from Sissy and they are both in their safe spots; Ruthie is home and Sissy is in her home town, just not to the house, yet.  I thank God for giving them safe trips home.

I have a treatment tomorrow and a wintry mix is supposed to begin at 8 in the morning.  I was scheduled for 1:00 tomorrow, but I called this morning and asked if they could do me earlier so I could get in and back to the condo before it gets too bad.  They kindly gave me an 8:20 appointment, so we'll start early tomorrow and then plan to be snowed in for the rest of the week.  Our next sweat is that we move to another condo in town on Saturday.  I hope we can get out of here, okay.  We're really in the country.  But Sissy and Ruthie and Phil got out this morning, so surely we can do it Saturday.  God will provide; I know it and count on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment