Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Today Was Even Better!

We went to a couple of thrift stores and to the grocery store today.  The weather was so nice!  I needed an old pillow case to make a couple of cases for my rice buddies.  I've been dragging them around in a king size pillow case that belongs here, but I wanted my own so I could take them with me when we go out in the truck.  Lee likes it lots cooler than I do, so the rice buddies sure help to keep me warm.  So, when we got home I cut up my 25 cent pillow case and sewed it into the cases I needed for my buddies.  I darned today's sock for Lee, too.  It seems like I need to darn about a sock a day.  I'm so grateful to be able to thread a needle after 4 years of having to used a threader!  I thank God so much for my wonderful vision!

I didn't take the camera with me, so I didn't get pix of today, but this one was from our walk up to the mailbox yesterday.  My hairs looks a ton better today, but yesterday was so windy there was no point in even combing, let alone spraying my hair.  I thought Oklahoma was windy, but the wind sure whips through these hills, too!  Today was better in every aspect; temperature, and wind!  Plus, I walked today without my walking sticks.  Yesterday I had to get them out of the truck because I woke up with a hip and leg that wanted to quit on me.  A good night's sleep got me back into good shape.  I sure thank God for the healing that comes with rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment