Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sharing the Convention Center at Big Cedar.

This is a huge fireplace and one of my favorite places at Big Cedar.  We're at a Big Cedar property, now but a couple of miles away from the convention center.  We'll be here until Saturday and then we'll move into town for 3 weeks before we come back to Big Cedar for another couple of weeks. We are pretty much snowed in today, so I'm reflecting on good times we've had already.  We miss our company, but we're still having fun.

Today I made bread pudding for the first time in my life.  It's in the oven and we'll see how it tastes.  I never even ate any bread pudding until I tasted it at the College of the Ozarks at the Keeter Center. Theirs is awesome!  I baked biscuits Sunday morning and left them in the oven too long.  They didn't burn but they were very dry.  So, I decided to give bread pudding a whirl with them since the gravy is gone.  I'll report later.

I also made chili and cornbread for supper.  There is a Thunder game tonight, so we're looking forward to dinner in front of the TV and fireplace.  Woo hoo!  God is so good to give us this special time with each other and enough to share with friends and family.  We know we are blessed, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. The chili in front of fireplace sounds great! I love it when it snows in MO and wish I was still there! Let us know how the bread pudding turns out!! Love, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you could have stayed! Dinner was all good. The bread pudding was a do again sort of deal. It was way better than the biscuits were! I'll be doing this, again. I've found a new skill! Yum!

    ReplyDelete