Thursday, February 27, 2014

Took my Breath.

We went out to check our mail today, which means we drove to the Hollister post office.  We stopped at the street going out from our condo and this little bird was sitting on the speed limit sign.  He absolutely took my breath!  The eastern bluebird is the Missouri state bird and we usually see lots of them, but they've been in hiding this year because it's been so cold, I guess.  It was so good to see him, and I was thrilled to get this pic.  I wish I could have gotten more, but there was someone behind us, so we couldn't stay there.  If I could just have gotten a shot from the front you'd see his gorgeous red breast and white belly, but this is the best I could get.  He was so beautiful.  The bluebird was Don's favorite bird, so I took this visit personally with a grin all over my face.  I thank God for all the beautiful birds He gives us to enjoy.  Don and I enjoyed watching birds a lot.

I got a bunch of stuff packed today for our move on Saturday.  It feels good to be prepared ahead, so that tomorrow won't be such a big effort.  This will be our next to the last move before we go home. Moving is a challenge, so it always feels good to get a move behind us!

No comments:

Post a Comment