Saturday, June 23, 2007

Back to the yard!

























Today the water Don has pumped out has been down by about 1/3; we didn’t get any rain last night. If we don’t get any tonight maybe it’ll slow down even more tomorrow. Whew! We have hopes. He says he feels like he’s growing webs between his toes; he is starting to talk with a quack. The blisters on my hands from squeezing out diapers last week before we got the second shop vac are about healed, so we’re surviving this!

I even took time to go out and take some pictures before the mosquitoes carried me away for dinner tonight. The first one is a volunteer petunia. We get those every year and I’m always glad to see them. This is the first one. The second one is the little robin nest that blew out of the tree the first night we had those awful winds and the huge rain that flooded the town and started us in trouble in the basement. The last one is my Echinacea. I always love the Echinacea until the butterflies lay eggs on it and the worms scoff it down. For now, I’m enjoying it. Of course I could put some powder on it to keep the worms off, but I like the butterflies, so I let them have the Echinacea.

One thing I learned from all this water is that I don’t have to have a French manicure to live. I’ve worn one for the last 11 years. There was no way any manicure was surviving this water, and I like just a coat of clear polish just fine. As I live and breathe; another revelation! In the last year I’ve retired from make up and manicures! It took cancer and a flood to get through my vanity; what a crying shame, but I’m learning!

God is good and I give Him thanks for all our rich blessings!

4 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me with your beautiful spirit. I try to see God in all things and thank Him even when life isn't going well but nothing helps me do this more than you! When I get upset over the ups and downs I just have to read about my friend who believes God allows a flood so she can have a clean basement. Or how her ruined manicure can teach lessons in vanity. And in the midst of illness she marvels at the beauty of nature. Thank you for being that kind of friend. You are my inspiration. God bless you. Love, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! God gave you to me, Patty! Thank you for being there, and I thank Him for you. I think of you all the time; you've helped me to maintain and keep going. I love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo this is Frances Cain Dot Cain sister. I live in Paducah. Dot has been keeping me posted on your condition. So thought I would see if I could send you a message. I sent one last week but don't guess it went. Just want you to know you are an example to every one and that I will continute to remember you and your family in prayer. GOD is an awsome God and he does care.
    In Christian Love,
    France

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Frances, isn't it sweet of you to care about us, let alone even post a message! It really does warm our hearts to hear from people, so keep those messages coming when you have time, please! I'm sorry I missed the one you sent last week. The prayers mean the most. I know that God has His plan, but I know he likes to hear from us and He tells us that he answers prayer, so I believe it. He commands us to love him and to love each other and when we pray to Him it shows our love for Him and when we pray for others it shows our love for others. Surely that is pleasing to Him and that's surely a good thing. Thanks for including me in your good things like prayer and love for each other and God! It's wonderful to meet you, even online. Thanks for your love and prayers! Love, Jo

    ReplyDelete