Saturday, June 9, 2007

Reunion day and coming home with 3!















I don’t have the vocabulary to tell you how much a family reunion means to us. After we got through, Don said, “Four hours with the family; was it worth all that driving.” My reply was, “Absolutely!” Every one of our cousins was there, and someone is usually missing; often it’s ME. Two years ago our youngest daughter, Gretta, impressed on me, “Mom, there will always be baseball, but there won’t always be reunions with all of these people.” She’s so right. Each year we lose someone, so we’re committed to make every one that we possibly can. It’s a wonderful time. We have a heritage and family to treasure, so this is treasured time for us. I was really pleased to have 4 of our grandkids with us. We got to bring 3 of them home with us; Gretta wouldn’t let us take Elena.

So, we have Gabe, Garrett and Sadie. Gabe is 12 and Garrett and Sadie are 10, so they are low maintenance. All we have to do is feed them and remind them to settle down every now and then. Sadie and I played cards all the way from the reunion to here, which was about a 5-hour drive. The boys played until they fell asleep in the very back of the van. We all got up at 6:40 this morning, so we’re ready to crash. They swam at the pool after we got here tonight. We’ll head for home early in the morning.

I’m putting pictures on the blog tonight of Garrett headed to the pool at his house this week; one of Gabe holding Elena; and one of Sadie with Elena. I think I left my camera cord at Gretta’s house. UGH. I can’t find it to download the pictures from the camera that I took today. As soon as I can download them you’ll see the great haircut that Gretta gave to Gabe. These are some of the many blessings we are counting! PTL

No comments:

Post a Comment