Wednesday, June 13, 2007

From our Hunter Lake.





















Pictures on the blog today are pictures I've caught over the last month in our walks around Hunter Park Lake. We see the turtles sunning almost every day. It's fun to see how many of them stay even though we're walking in the area. Usually most of them slide off into the water when they hear us. Often there are 6 or eight on this log, but only two stayed long enough for me to get this picture. The yucca plant was in full bloom; I love those plants for some reason. We used to have a bunch of them growing in our yard when we lived in OKC; I should get some more. They are hardy and I love them. I love low maintenance plants. The last picture is of the blue heron. He is out there almost every day, too. I love him, too; he usually stays even though we are there, so I think he might like us, too. When we lived in Oklahoma City, 20 years ago, there was a creek that ran behind our house. There were great blue herons who lived back there with us, so these herons feel a little like family to us.


Today was quiet around here with no kids. We did our walking, which we hadn't done since we left for Branson/Louisville/Nashville, so it was quite a trek. We waited too late to go, so it was really hot. Went before breakfast, but that's too late at this time of year. We're going to bed at 9 and getting up EARLY to walk in the morning. Hot is good because cancer doesn't like it, but too hot brings on a migraine, so I have to find a balance. What a trick; that's pretty much the trick to life: finding the balance in everything. I'm not good at balance; I'm good at over-indulging. That's why it's a good thing I don't smoke or drink; too bad I did sugar! I don't do sugar anymore, so I'm working on cleaning up my habits.


I have to tell you this: I decided the birds were through with the nest, so I took the nest down and set it in our flower box out front. Then I cleaned off the door where they had turned it into the "bottom of a bird cage." After I cleaned all that off, I swept off the porch. As soon as I got inside I heard them out there chirping! I went to the window to see a little female hopping around, inspecting the nest and picking up pieces of nesting that I'd swept into the yard! What a hoot! I wonder if she'll use the nest in the planter box or rebuild on the door! I'm amazed at those birds. God's amazing. I'm counting and thanking Him for small and great wonders; join me!

1 comment:

  1. Jo this is Frances Cain. I am Dot Webb sister. She has been keeping me in touch about you for a long time. So just wanted you to know I will sure remember you and your family in prayer. We know God is awsome and we just need to put our hope and trust in him which I know you are doing. You are an example to every one. Just wanted you to know I care
    In Christian Love,
    Frances Cain

    ReplyDelete