Wednesday, June 20, 2007

No news, just more water.








The storms that I was running from when I wrote the entry for the blog last night brought us another 1.7 inches of rain. Our dry basement was covered except for one little corner this morning. It's been coming in as fast as Don could pump it out all day. He's pumped out over 500 gallons that he picked up with the wet vac and no telling how many he pumped out with just the sump pump alone. He's worn out. He slipped on that slippery floor this morning and fell flat on his back, so he'll be really stove up tomorrow. He hurt all day today, but we gave thanks that he didn't break a bone!


I worked all day getting herbs and vitamins packaged for the next month and getting them ordered for the next 6 months. That order will come in soon and I'll get busy packaging them so I'll be ready for whatever is in store for me at MD Anderson.


MD Anderson hasn't called me yet for an appointment time. I know you are all wondering about that because I've had no less than a half dozen people call to ask me if I'd heard today. Now that I'm in a hurry, they are in no hurry. I work until I go to bed, but they quit at 5; I guess they have to go home and work until they go to bed, huh? Anyway, patience is a virtue. God is driving this plan, so He knows how it all works and has the right timing in mind and in the works. I trust Him.


The pictures on the blog tonight are all from the reunion. The first is John, our nephew, being 'forked' by Uncle Phil. You haven't had the best laugh in the world until you've seen Uncle Phil 'fork' someone. Be ready if you eat with him! The next one is my cousin, Suzanne, holding Elena. Suzanne and I are a year apart and we were close always because we spent all the summers that I was in the states visiting around at our grandmother's and aunt's houses, making all the vacation Bible schools; between all the family we made about 7 vacation Bible schools, so that was most of the summer. She handed all her clothes down to me, so that was wonderful, too! Then we were roommates at Lipscomb, so she's more like a sister than a cousin to me. The kids always called her Aunt Suzy, so that's Aunt Suzy holding Elena. The last one is my sister, Ruthie, holding Elena. We're all so grateful that Elena is a feather because she's so easy to hold! Click on one of the pictures of Elena and notice that pretty little bib with roses on it; my precious friends, Tom and Linda ROSE sent that little bib and some other 'rosy' things that are still too big for her. Isn't that a precious little bib, though? (Thanks Linda and Tom; yes, that's the same Linda who writes on the blog a lot.)


It's not storming, yet, but we have a chance for storms and more rain tonight. What a weather year this has been. It beats tornadoes all over the place, though, so I'm giving thanks. I'm so thankful for the sump pump and the wet vac; they sure beat my little wet vac and diapers that we started out using to get up the water. I'm shutting down and unplugging the computer, so that I don't have to get up during the storm to do it; there have been so many folks losing appliances, computers, etc. with lightning strikes, so I'm doing the ounce of prevention thing in hopes of not getting hit.


Thanks for caring and checking on us. I promise to post every bit of news that we get and our plans as they develop. Right now we are just hanging loose, getting as ready as we can for whatever shoe falls next, and thanking God for taking care of us all the way.





No comments:

Post a Comment