Tuesday, June 26, 2007

New treasures that God gives!

You aren’t going to believe the pictures on the blog today! We live on the edge of town, so that is one picture. It’s the wheat field catty corner from our house. We have houses on every side of us, but out through that corner from our driveway is a wheat field. Often there is a bunch of black cattle up by that fence. So, while we are in town we are right on the edge.




















The next picture is a little FAWN that is living down the street (6 houses from us). The wonderful guy who lives there is a farmer and he found this little fawn, evidently deserted by its mother, so he brought it home and they are bottle feeding it! He is in a little pen in their back yard. He scratched his nose up before he figured out that he can’t get out of the pen, but other than those scratches he is so beautiful! I think he’s really cool, so, of course I had to have a picture of him for the blog!



























The next picture is one of Gabe’s friends, I’m sure. I was out pulling up weeds and made a trip to the dumpster with the weeds. On my way back I saw this little pile of mud and was wondering how it got there when I saw it’s TAIL! It turned out to be a little wee turtle full of mud. I still don’t know how he got there, but he waited for me to take his picture. I know that Gabe would love to capture him, but I settled for taking his picture. A turtle in camo!





When we woke up this morning it was raining, but it’s been dry and sunny all afternoon. Praise God! We have rain all around us and more predicted, so we don’t expect it to be dry for long. The basement is still seeping, but it has slowed down a lot. We thank God for the break and for the equipment and ability to keep it under control! God is great and good to us!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, and He's great to us too...we actually had another day of good rain! I so loved your pictures today of surprise turtle, precious fawn etc. Now that I've had my "fix" of seeing your pictures and reading your uplifting news I can call it a day. Thanks so much for all the "lifting" up YOU do for all of us!!! I love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, thanks for enjoying my 'fixes' along with me! When we lived there the birds were such a joy; I've learned to search and find other things to 'fix' me. God is so creative and He's taught me to enjoy so much. Yesterday was really fun with the little fawn and the turtle; I felt like I was as young as Gabe! It was too cool to be that close to that little fawn; I've never had that pleasure and he is so beautiful! It brings me joy if these pleasures can lift you as you share them with me! I love you and thank God for my sister! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete