Monday, June 25, 2007

MD Anderson appointment is July 10.




Check on the growth in our yard and garden. They love the rain! We are grateful for it, too. We hear of the droughts in so much of the rest of the country, and the fires in California and are reminded that this rain is such a blessing! Normally, we would be in a drought and worried about fires in the local farm fields that could put us at risk since we are right across the street from a farm. With all the rain we’ve had, no fire could survive around here!

The pictures on the blog are: the redbud in the back flower bed with a big bunch of lavender at the base; the second and third volunteer petunias with the first one; and the daisies almost ready to bloom beside the Echinacea that the butterflies haven’t found yet. I have to hurry out there because the mosquitoes will win; soon I’ve got to get out the spray and go spend the day in the yard before the weeds get out of hand, again. I’ve got to get the garlic and do a bunch of pruning, too.

We actually got a bit of a break today. It did rain, but only .2 inch and it didn’t make the water coming into the basement increase; it just kept it from maybe stopping. Don only pumped out 100 gallons today, so that’s really good.

Oh! The call from MD Anderson came today; we have an appointment there at 8a.m. on July 10th. We’ll probably go there on the 9th. Tricia’s baby is due right about that time, so we’ll stay here as late as possible unless the baby comes early. If the baby comes early, then we’ll go as early as possible to have a chance to visit a bit with Don’s sister, Doris, and her two new grandsons. We’ll make more concrete plans as the time gets closer, but it all depends on Tricia’s baby at this point.

We are so blessed! Our 15th grandbaby is on the way; we have a yard full of flowers and thick grass, no threat of fires, and the strength to deal with the leaky basement. PTL! Ruthie said it rained all day in Springville today, too! God is good! Thanks for checking in on the blog. I love you all.

4 comments:

  1. MaryJo....am so happy you got the appointment. I know it is a huge relief for you. Judy will be waiting, not sure if she will be back by then..but you know you have a place to stay. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great News! I am so happy you have your appointment all set up. God will take care of the other things so you help him as I know you do. As Ruthie said, it did rain off and on all day yesterday and a good soaking one. Thank the Good Lord, He surely knows best! Thanks for the pictures of the beautiful flowers.I hope all works out with the new addition about to make his or her arrival in this wonderful Family. My Sister, Frances sent you a comment and she said she was Dot Cain's Sister and she meant Webb. She does have a Sister-in-law by that name. I don't think she is ashamed to call me her sister. ha Keep the Faith. God Loves Us All.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, thanks for writing. I'm looking forward to Judy being there to help to keep me stable. I think she's coming home the 7th. I hope that's right! Anyway, Don's sister lives there, too, so we'll have a comfort zone. Judy is 8 minutes from MD Anderson, so I'm really hoping we can stay there. Time always flies, so we'll be there soon, repairing this 'bump in the road.' Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, you are so sweet to share your sister with me! I figured out who she meant; Ruthie had told me that she might write, so it was easy to figure when she said Dot.

    Our new baby will come at the right time. God provides for everything. I think I have to be there, but I've been there for 5 births; I'm sure she can do it without me and it won't be the end of the world if I miss the arrival. I'll get over it. I just pray that this baby comes safely and healthy.

    We had more rain today. God is being so sure we don't have to worry about forest fires! We've learned to keep up with the water, so it's just how life is around here, these days. We aren't having a tornado and that's another blessing to count. Those make really big messes! We have lots more rain coming this week, so we're just giving thanks for it. I know it's what God wants us to have, so we might as well enjoy it. Quack, Quack! Love you, Jo

    ReplyDelete