Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rain, rain, rain.














Today has been throw herbs day. I’m exhausted from it. That sounds so innocent, but this picture shows just a few of the little cups of herbs and vitamins. I throw two of these cups per day for Don and three per day for me. Then I dump these into a packet of vitamins we order from Dr. Williams and top the packet with an empty packet. Today I ‘threw’ enough for 62 days for each of us, but I’ve only gotten half of Don’s packaged. I’ll finish tomorrow, and then we’ll have two months done.

Don had the basement nearly dry, but it was still seeping. Then it rained another .4 inch this morning. We are just shaking our heads. I think this is 14 days in a row that it’s rained here. That hasn’t happened since 1937, but they are expecting more for the next few days. The seeping had slowed so much that Don only pumped out 32 gallons yesterday, but today it picked up and he pumped out 48 gallons. Here is a picture of the water when it first started seeping. I can’t believe I was standing there with a camera, but it’s a memory! It’ll be a happy day when we look at that floor and it’s dry!



















Actually every day is a happy day. We are blessed to have a basement and the ability to keep up with this water. Lots of people have lost their homes and furnishing; some even their lives in all this flooding. We haven’t had any loss of life in our town, but it’ll be tough for the farmers to recover from the loss of their wheat. The community is keeping their chins up, though. We know it could be worse, so we give thanks for whatever God sends.

Look around and count the blessings; they are abundant and we give thanks. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Don and Jo! Tell me this is your kitchen sink in the pic you have labeled "basement floor!" I bet you have muscles from the basement you forgot you had! Ha. We finally got about an inch of rain yesterday but are still suffering from a severe drought but that's ok. Can you believe all those pills! And to think I was worried when we met in Hawaii that you would think we took an awful lot of pills! I was so relieved when you and Don started swallowing! Terrific memory! Thnx! Love and dry weather, Linda R. (7/10 can't come quick enough.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I had to stop and think what 7/10 means? We are so up to our ears in water and herbs and vitamins, that I forget other details. We got .7 of an inch last night so the water is really coming in again. No, Linda, that's the basement floor at it's dryest point in the last 2 weeks. 7/10 is right around the corner and I've got to be sure I've got all these pills ready for the next few months because I doubt if I'm going to feel like it or have the time to do it for a while, so that's why I'm pushing to do it, now. Tricia's baby may come at any point, so we want to be ready for that, too. God keeps us busy; He knows what He's doing, and I'm so glad He keeps up with us, too!

    The memories from Hawaii with you and Tom are treasures to us! Thanks for reminding me; the picture you sent is another reminder and treasure!

    Love you two!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete