Sunday, June 17, 2007

I know that God loves a clean basement!





I haven't had time to download the pictures I took of the basement leaks this morning. It started leaking around 7 this morning and I've been down there ever since. That's 18 hours. I'm bushed. I'm going to write a dab for this blog, go power plate and then take a look at what has happened since I left it. If it's too scary, then I'll vacuum up some more water. If it looks like I can take a bath, then I'll do that before I look again. I'd like to go to bed, but I don't want to get up to an inch or more of water in the basement. I keep thinking it will stop seeping, because it hasn't rained since this morning. I don't get it. All I know is that it's God's basement. If He wants it clean, then I've got to stick with it. I don't want mold to get started down there. Don says that will take days, and he went to bed. He worked until a couple of hours ago and then he just gave out. He really wanted me to go to bed, too, but I refused because I still had some energy. I figured God gave me that energy and it was for the basement. I can always sleep.


Okay, the pictures on the blog are about this flooding. The first one is the road around the park. I stood where that water is and took a picture of the lake and the dam to put on the blog once. Now, the road is covered with lake, and it goes WAY past that, too. Just last week Gabe and Garrett and Sadie were down to the left of the guard rail in a little swampy area catching frogs and tadpoles. It would be over their heads, now.


The other picture is the little bull snake who made the mistake of going into our garage yesterday as we backed out to go touring around to see all the flood damage. I'm not real fond of snakes, but they don't freak me out like they do most people. My brother always had snakes around, so I find them interesting. However, when they go into my garage I find them threatening! So we chased him out and killed him with the hoe. I didn't know he was a bull snake until I looked him up on the internet. If I'd known I would have just thrown him out into the yard and let him get mice for me since we don't have a cat. He'd have probably gotten birds, instead, though. Anyway, I didn't have time to run look him up on the internet, so he got the hoe. Sorry, Gabe; I know you'll hate that I killed him.


Okay, I've rested enough. I'm going to go power plate and then take a look in the basement. I'm thanking God that the snake didn't come into the basement with me down there working. I'm thinking I might ought to take a hoe down there, you think? I'm thinking a shop vac won't help me much. No problem, God won't want snakes in the basement, so He'll take care of that for me. Ha! If He sends a snake to the basement, I'll KNOW He wants ME OUT OF THE BASEMENT! I find them interesting when I'm in control, but I'm thinking I'm too tired to be in control and the basement would be really small if I was down there with a snake. I'm glad God cares about even small things like me! Still counting . . . not in any order, just counting lots of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment