Saturday, June 2, 2007

Tournament cancelled; the sky is falling!





We were about an hour away from home when Davy called to tell us the tournament had been cancelled due to rain. We went on to Wichita Falls and enjoyed breakfast with him for about 3 hours. It was a great visit, and then we came on home. We walked and got some Vitamin D, then cleaned up and went to the Mexican Restaurant for dinner with David and Dorothy.


We came home and I was doing some research on the internet as Don was watching TV when we heard a click in the hallway as if someone had dropped a clothes pin or some such. I went over and looked and a bit of the ceiling had fallen! It wasn't wet or anything. It was just more of 'the sky is falling.' That piece of ceiling was tired of being there. I had two cans of repair stuff from years ago when we did some repairs and painting. One didn't work. The other one did all over the ceiling, me and the floor. Good thing I had followed the directions and spread a sheet out over the nearby chair in the living room and put on a pair of safety glasses. I haven't checked my hair for ceiling repair. I have the sheet and my shirt in the washer. It's always something, but I'm so glad to be able to climb on a ladder. How lucky that I had TWO cans and one worked! So the ceiling is fixed and the mess cleaned. I'm headed for a session with the jiggler to repair me and then to bed. Whew!


We got home in time to get pictures of Elena in her baby seat. She's a big girl now; probably weighs over 9 pounds, and she can sit in her seat by herself. Gretta used to have to stuff her in there with a half dozen blankets, I think. One picture she's napping at her brother's baseball game. Another picture she is the bikini babe and another she's taking a nap with her big brother, Garrett.


Tomorrow we'll see Trish and Rob and all their kids in Branson. Then in less than a week we'll get to see Elena and Garrett again, as well as Kyle, Elise and Ethan. It'll be a big week. We're excited and counting the blessings God gives so abundantly! PTL




No comments:

Post a Comment