Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Coming up daisies!




How cool is this? My daisies started opening today. They are right beside the Echinacea and I pictured them the other day when they were just in tight buds, but I forgot to point out that they were near opening. You probably just thought it was another shot of the Echinacea. Anyway, today they are opening and that thrills me. I love the daisies!

This morning was so cool. Don was downstairs vacuuming up the water and he stopped and came up and said, “Come look; I want to show you something.” I said, “Should I bring the camera?” He said, “If you want.” That was my clue that it was worthy of the camera, since he didn’t say, “No.” I got down there and he told me to look behind a little seat we have down there holding the sump pump. It was a little toad! That wouldn’t mean much to most people, but this is Gabe’s Grammy. Gabe found that way cool desert toad when we took him to the reserve. Then when he was here the toad got away, so I thought sure it was Gabe’s toad, Jerry. I got several pictures of him and then I did my best to catch him, but Gabe is way better at catching toads than I am. Alas, he got away. He’s still in the basement unless he can jump up to that escape hatch where he must have entered. That’s about 6 feet off the ground, so I don’t expect he can make that jump. I hope he doesn’t starve down there, but I don’t know what he’ll eat. I’m keeping an eye out for him; maybe he’ll get weak and I can get him.

He’s not Jerry, though. I compared his picture to the picture we have of Jerry in Gabe’s hand. They have different markings. I sure thought it was the same toad, though; tan with red spots. God is so creative to make all those little tiny differences! I’m naming this one Jethro. If I catch him, I’m taking him to Gabe. Trish will probably make us let him go, but we can enjoy him for a while. Maybe there is room for him in one of Gabe’s wild animal habitats. (In the pictures, Jerry is the one in Gabe’s hand and Jethro is the one on our basement floor. If I had caught him he would be in a box, NOT in my hand. No doubt that’s why I couldn’t catch him: I would have had to touch him!)

Okay, so you know how little it takes to entertain me. Besides all that fun we got to walk today for the first time in 2 weeks. It did rain again, but not much. Don only pumped 32 gallons out of the basement today, so it’s slowing a bunch. Whew! More rain is in the forecast, though. God is so good. He doesn’t fool with skimpy; He does everything in abundance. Rain in abundance is so much better than drought in abundance. We’ve learned to deal with the challenges of it and the crops are doing great with it. We’ve learned; isn’t that cool? It’s hard to teach old dogs tricks, but God can do it! PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment