Thursday, June 21, 2007

Reflections of a Grammy.
































Okay, you can tell I haven't been out taking pictures; I've been in the basement pumping water! We got the most yesterday, but it has slowed a bit and we only got about 2/3 today what we got yesterday at this time. It was dry long enough outside for Don to get out and mow the grass today. It's been growing so fast with all the rain! I cut off the iris greens and raked them as much as I could quickly do, but it looks rather like a tornado went through the iris patch. They're hardy! I had to hurry because the mosquitoes were really after me and I hate that!

The pictures on the blog today represent fun time for me. The first one is little Elena. I was so proud to get a picture of her smiling! She smiles a lot, but just when I get the camera clicked, she drops the smile. So I got lucky with this one.

The second one is Sadie and Garrett feeding the prairie dogs at the reserve. We aren't supposed to do that, but everyone does, so they come up looking for you to feed them. It's too fun to not do it. I'm sure there is a good reason to not do it, but it didn't weigh stronger than the thrill of feeding them.

The last picture represents so many great memories. Gabe had seen a lizard on that rock and the three of them went chasing it. Look at Gabe's stance. He is such a hunter and he catches just about everything he chases. He missed that one, but I thought he was going to get him. The other two are great supporters. The three of them were so much fun to be with. It's a treasured memory for us to have had them with us for a few days.

MD Anderson Cancer Center hasn't called to make an appointment, yet. I promise I'll let you know the minute I know what we're doing. In the meantime we're counting the blessings. I was looking back over the blog, and am reminded of so many good friends and wonderful family. Plus I have all of you people who care in my life. Wow! That's a lot to count! Thank you, God!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jo, for sharing your "Reflections of a Grammy"...I can just feel the joy that they bring you! Last night you told me the blog would be "brief" since you were busy with basement etc., but when I clicked on it this morning....there it was complete with lots of news and pictures!! See, you always have more to share than you think, and we all care! Sorry about Don's fall....so glad he didn't break anything! Soreness we can live with easier than breaks! God is good! Keep on "blogging" and we'll keep on reading and enjoying!
    Loving you still....Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ruthie! Thanks for the encouraging words. Don isn't even bruised today. He had a bump on his hip the size of a goose egg last night, but it's only the size of a hen egg tonight. It's sore, but he's able to get around just fine. We only got about 2/3 as much water today as we got yesterday, and got the yard done, too, so we're doing good. I even cut my hair tonight. Whew! Feels better! Thanks for hanging in there with us; don't know what I'd do without you! Love you, MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jo, thanks for the great pictures. They are all precious but little Elena is just a big doll! Makes you want to pick her up and hug her!! We had such a great visit with your Sister and Brother-in-law this afternoon, just a spur of the moment thing. How we did enjoy visiting with them watching all the ducks! And Phil fed them all and the fish. Now I sure hated to hear about all the rain and water. You seem to endure all things with the attitude, This too will Pass. Have a great weekend. Keep up the good work. It sure makes us all happy. Happiness is contagious!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot and Frazier,

    It's so wonderful that you could stop and visit with Ruthie and Phil and the ducks. I know they enjoy those ducks, but your visit even more! I wish you could get your hands on our little Elena; she is a dolly! She has a wonderful personality and she loves all us grammies and our attention; she loves the grandpas, too! We feel so blessed to have her and all the others. Who could be so rich? God is great!

    We're hoping the leaking will continue to slow and maybe tomorrow we can take a break. We're ready!

    Thanks so much for keeping up with us and for your loving, encouraging words. It's a comfort and encouragement to know that you are among those praying for us.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete