Sunday, June 17, 2007

Count it all Joy.

Tonight's lesson was taken from James and it reminded me that we are to count it all joy, even problems. I've been all wrapped up in the flooding basement, so it was good for me. We've learned so much from this flooding experience!


We were trying to keep the basement dry. We figured out that the water is coming, and coming, and coming as long as the ground is this saturated. What we have to do is accept that and pump it out from time to time to keep it from winning. When it quits seeping in, THEN we can get it dry, again. We've got fans going, so air is circulating. We can get it nearly dry, then we just leave it and go back and do it again. It's a doable thing. Staying with it like I was last night is not the way to go. I took a 3 hour nap today, and we're going to bed early. The basement is only the basement. It's not everything. It's purpose is to provide shelter in case of a storm and I sew down there and the kids play a lot down there. As long as we keep it where it's okay to be wet for brief periods, it won't be a big deal. I value that basement as a storm shelter. The kids love it for playing. All the kids in this family treasure times spent down there when this house was Grandma and Grandpa's house.


The pictures on the blog today are from the reunion in Tennessee. My sister, Ruth, and my brother Jim:

























Me, with Elena, and my brother, Jim:




















Elena working her magic on her great Uncle Phil, Ruthie's husband:

Precious memories; treasured moments; counting the blessings and thanking our God with praise to Him. Thank you for looking; I love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment