Monday, June 2, 2008

BIG day! Thank you, God!


The picture on the blog is sweet little Raynie last week when they were here. I put this picture on the blog then, but she was sitting in my lap; I cropped just her for tonight. Today she had tubes put into her ears, so it was a big day for all of us. Trish says she acts totally normal as if this was no special day. Blessed, again! Thank you, God!

I got up at 5 to walk this morning so I could be ready to go help Dorothy shower at 7:30 and then we were planning to take her to OKC around noon. Raynie was to be at the doctor’s office at 6:30. Well, at 6 I came back by the house from my walk and Dorothy was on the phone wanting me to come over and help her with her shower then because the aid was there to get her shower done. We live a stone’s throw from the hospital, so I just rushed right over and did that. Then I came home and finished my walk and got my bath. Dorothy called then to tell us they had changed all her plans! She wasn’t going to OKC today at all because of a medication snafu. David had gone home to get his breathing treatment done, so I called him to let him know about the change in plans and we all met up at the hospital to get the plans straight. It seems the doctor in OKC had seen a copy of her MRI today and thinks that surgery is going to be necessary. They had given her a blood thinner that she normally takes, so there was no need to take her to OKC today. We’ll go with them tomorrow. They will take her in an ambulance because they are transferring her from one hospital to another. I will drive our van and Don will drive David’s car since David has been getting so little rest the last few days that Dorothy has been in the hospital and in so much pain at home before that. We’ll go up and make sure they are all settled in and then we’ll come home and David will have his car so he can come and go if he needs to. They likely will do pre-op tests on her for a couple of days and then do surgery on Thursday or Friday. Meantime, Dorothy is doing very well as long as they are able to keep her pain under control with meds and they do a pretty good job of that in the hospital.

Yesterday when we were sitting out on the deck Don was trying to see a bird and he said, “Uh oh; I can’t see.” CLUNK! After I picked myself up off the deck I asked what he meant. He couldn’t see out of his left eye; he could see fine with is right eye, but the left eye was all blurry. I vaguely remembered that such a thing happens after cataract surgery and it can be pretty easily fixed. Sure enough, I called the doctor’s office today and they said that was probably it and made an appointment for us to come have that fixed on Wednesday morning. Wow! How great is THAT!? Sure enough; she pulled his chart and they already fixed his right eye a couple of years ago. His cataract surgery was done 3 years ago. It’s wonderful that this is something that can so easily be fixed! So, this is turning into a very busy week!

We’ll go back to OKC when Dorothy has her surgery. Then we hope to go to Bruce’s last big tournament this weekend near Dallas. It’s the Texas State Championship, so this is a big one that we’d like to not miss. It’s his last tournament before the world series in July.

Now that was a long post, but it’s how today has been. Well, the rest of the story is that Don wanted to go to see Indiana Jones tonight, so we did. Ick. He liked it, but if I live to be 800 and never see another one it’ll be okay with me. I had way more fun this afternoon thinning out irises. I’ve got 66 ready to take to Tricia’s friend tomorrow when we go to OKC. It was fun and I’ve got way more to thin to take to Gretta; I’ll do that NEXT week. God is great to give me energy and healing solutions for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment