Sunday, June 15, 2008

Family is precious.



The picture on the blog tonight was taken of my sister, Ruth, my brother, Jim, and me at the reunion yesterday. It was so good to see both of them. Everyone liked my hair and this is a good shot to show all the curls. I’ve learned that I can make it do anything IT wants to do, but it keeps me warm, so I love it.

Last night when we got here we had dinner with Donna and Hank , who came down from West Virginia to see us. How awesome is that to have friends come that far? It was great to see them and I’ll put pictures of them on the blog soon. They had come on Friday and had to leave this morning after breakfast. Bless their hearts, we were all so exhausted that we slept until the babies got us up this morning. We ate a late breakfast at Mel’s Diner and they joined us before they had to leave to go back home. It was another great reunion after the family reunion yesterday!

After breakfast Rob took the kids swimming and Trish and Gretta and I went to get groceries for the week. Gretta and Elena are coughing and have some congestion happening, so Gretta called their doctors back home and had prescriptions called in for them. Elena did better as the day wore on, but Gretta went to bed with a headache tonight. I sure hope she gets better. This humid air is hard for her breathing.

All the kids are having fun and the grown ups, too. Even Gretta is having fun between naps and when she’s not dragging. I hate for her to be sick, but she snaps back pretty well, so I hope she can this time, too. Elena and Raynie have so much fun playing and we all really have fun watching them. They are just about the same size and both are really walking a lot just since we’ve been here. Both could walk before, but they seem to be encouraging each other. Maybe they’re finding that exploring new places is better walking than crawling? They’ve done plenty of crawling, too, and sure get dirty doing it!

I keep thanking God for our family and friends and this opportunity to spend some time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment