Friday, June 27, 2008

Prescription costs are out of control!


This is nearly all the kids on Sunday morning after breakfast in Pigeon Forge. The sun was in their eyes, so they were struggling to sit for the picture. Sadie is holding Raynie, then Mason, then Garrett, Gabe, and Grace. Elena had left early with Gretta, so she didn't get in the picture.

Our housekeeper got a job at the prison not far from here, but her mother-in-law has agreed to clean for me once a month. She is so busy that she couldn’t do it more, but I can keep up if she’ll do it that often. I thank God for this blessing! She will come the first time next Tuesday; I will greet her with a HUG!

We played cards here tonight after meeting at the Main Street Grill for a quick dinner. (The Mexican Restaurant was closed for some reason and some of the gang wanted fish from the Main Street Grill.) The family who owns The Main Street Grill used to own the place where I tanned, so I loved getting to see them.

Since we had company coming tonight I did a quick house cleaning today. Man, it made me so glad that Isabelle agreed to clean for me. I don’t mind the quick stuff, but I sure was reminded that I don’t want to get into the heavy cleaning, again! God has sure blessed me with people who will help me out with my chores!

I had discovered that there is a generic for the $30 pill I have to take for 5 years. The generic costs $2.66 per pill! I had to jump through some hoops to get it, but one of our card playing friends knew of a pharmacy where I could order it online. Good grief; that’s too big a savings to miss! The cost of health care is so out of control, but don’t let me get started. I just thank God that I could take advantage of this savings! God is great and takes care of us.

***CORRECTION: The pill I have to take for 5 years is NOT a $30 pill! It's only a $10 pill. It's a numbers thing, so I got it wrong. Even $10 is out of sight for me to take everyday; I actually got it last night for $2.50 each, so the news is still good, just not as dramatic as I thought.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Leave it to Gracie to have a sassy little pose!! She always puts a smile on my face. (I'm sure the cheaper pill put a smile on your face!! Good grief!!...so glad you found that!!) Love seeing the kids...they are so precious! Love ya! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, man, it's good to hear from you. I was thinking of you as I shelled pecans today and thought I haven't heard from you so I wonder if you're in 'trouble?'

    Yes, leave it to Grace to pose for the camera. She is such a hoot. We had so much fun with all the kids in Pigeon Forge! We'd love to do it again! It was a constant GO, so I didn't get all the pictures I'd like to have gotten. Everyone was always on the move, including me. What a blessing it was to do it!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete