Friday, June 6, 2008

The picture on the blog today is me in the garage beside all the flowers I’m taking to Ruthie and Gretta. I’ve been having such a great time digging up these irises and daffodil bulbs! I’ve done a few here and there and finally finished them today. It feels good to be done, but I enjoyed doing it and love being able to share them. Notice that I have enough hair that it nearly loses my sunglasses and the gap in my teeth is not so noticeable.

Today when we came in from working in the yard we had a message on the machine from David that he and Dorothy are back in the HOBART hospital! They came home because they could stay in the ‘swing bed’ portion of the hospital until her surgery on Tuesday. We really freaked! That was a really hard trip for her, but they’re here and doing okay. We’ve been up to see them twice. This is so hard for both of them. Since they are here we decided to stay home this weekend instead of going to the tournament near Dallas. We really need the time to be getting ready for next week’s trip to Tennessee, so it’s smarter for us to stay home. Tomorrow Don and David will go to breakfast and then to Altus to get more oxygen for David while I help Dorothy get her shower. I’ll get up at 5 to walk and be done to go to the hospital, so I’m going to bed as soon as I get this posted.

We had winds here over 50 mph all day yesterday; I think the highest was 72 mph. But they weren’t spinning! We didn’t have any tornadoes! Some folks lost power but we didn’t. Neighboring towns had fires and severe power outages, so we had lots of visitors in town today filling our cafes. We are counting our blessings that all we had were a few blinks of power so that we have to reset lots of clocks.

I have to tell you the funniest story. Tuesday when we were in OKC we stopped by to see Trish and the kids. I thought Mason said to me, “Grammy, are you wearing boobs?” I said, “Oh, yeah, but these aren’t real; they’re just like shoulder pads, only they’re boob pads.” He said, “No, I said, ‘are you GROWING boobs?’” I thought that was so cute! I gave him a big hug and told him I wouldn’t be growing any more boobs, but I had these fake ones I could wear whenever I wanted to have some. Out of the mouths of babes! I just love it. He says that Raynie is ‘growing teeth’ so it makes sense that he thought I might be growing boobs. I guess that says something for the fact that they are small, huh? They are just my size, I think! (By the way, I don’t wear them to garden; I cleaned up for the picture.)

Thank you, God, for tremendous people in our lives!

4 comments:

  1. Omgosh...I loved the boob story..and that you "cleaned up" for the picture. You do know that your sense of humor is one of the reasons you are able to get through this mess.
    I'm pretty sure you will be wearing them to Vegas...can't wait.
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I let Don take the sweaty pictures, but it wouldn't give you all much hope. HA!

    I so loved it that Mason thought I was growing boobs; how's that for hope? Bless his heart. His mom has nursed all six of their kids and she has pumped religiously since Raynie has been here to keep her in breast milk even though she can't nurse. (She has enough milk left over to share with another baby whose mom can't make milk and he's doing great, too!) Anyway boobs are an important aspect of life in their household, so I thought it was so sweet that Mason thought I might grow more. Kids are just the best!

    You bet, I'll be wearing boobs in Vegas, but I won't be wearing them when I do my walking, so I may well be caught flat! (I'll get up and walk early or stay up and walk late; whenever I can find a cool enough time!)

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey...I want you with AND without them. Think of the versatility you get...do i wear them..or do I go without? dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, you're so sweet! It's a good thing you want me with and without because that's exactly what folks get these days. It's wonderful to be wanted!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete