Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Dorothy's surgery scheduled for next Tuesday.



The pictures on the blog were taken last September when we went to OKC with Dorothy an David and we stopped by for a brief visit with Trish and the kids. Raynie thought Dorothy was really something, just like all the rest of us think! I should have taken my camera today, but I forgot it. Ugh.

Raynie is walking a few steps at a time, but she’s such a pro crawler! She’ll take about 7 steps and then take off crawling. Grace, Sadie and Gabe have great new haircuts; it was the perfect picture opportunity! Sadie’s hair is still real long, but it’s layered and she looks 15. Grace’s is in a cute bob like she had it once before; it’s so her! Gabe’s is shorter than he’s had it in years and it is so him, too. Wow; they all looked great!

Dorothy rode in the ambulance to OKC and it was a very hard trip for her, but she managed like a real trooper. Don drove David’s car with David, and I drove our van. So we came home in the van and David has his car there. They did more x-rays on Dorothy’s back and determined that they will do surgery on her back next Tuesday. They would do it sooner, but she had Plavix yesterday and they want her to be off that for a week before they do surgery. Dorothy’s pain was getting out of hand today, but they did a good job of getting a handle on it. She’s not excited about surgery, but she is so ready to be done with the pain. She has 2 sisters who live near OKC, so they will be in good hands this week. We’ll go back for the surgery next Tuesday.

Tomorrow we go to Lawton to get don’s fuzzy eye fixed. Then we’re going to rest until the weekend. Then I’ll be getting things ready to make our trip to Tennessee next week. I want to be pretty much ready for that when we go to OKC for Dorothy’s surgery. Then it won’t be stressful if I have all the plans made.

We are tired from getting up early forever to walk and then all this traveling, but we know we are so blessed. Don is going to walk with me tomorrow. His foot is lots better. God blesses us so abundantly and we are grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I got up and went to aerobics this morning, but I really got exhausted when I came home and read your blog for the last couple of days. You help us all see that living everyday life with a thankful heart makes everything more special. When I grow up I want to be as supporting, loving, and caring as you both are!
    Love you lots,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doris, aren't you sweet! I'm so glad you get good things from watching our exhaustion! Wait until you read todays and see all Don had to do. He's something else and so are you! Hope Jerry is doing great, still.

    Love and miss you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete