Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sweet, sweet memories.

The picture on the blog today is Elena at the family reunion. She was such a hoot! She was ‘crawling’ around on both feet and hands; no knees! It was such a hoot to watch. She’d go lickity split to someplace and then sit up and grab her toe! It was hard to catch a picture of it because, she’d tear off again before I could get a picture of it. Notice how dirty her feet were. They got even dirtier! By the time she’d spend a day or two with Raynie, she noticed her walking and the light came on for her. She’d been walking a few steps at a time, but she was so fast on all fours that she wasn’t willing to transition over to walking. It looked so right on Raynie, though, so she took off walking, too. She still went back to crawling from time to time, but by the end of the week they were both mostly walking. It was so fun to watch it happening. Elena was a hoot holding that toe up in the air, though. Sweet, sweet memories! God is so good to give us precious memories!

Today has been a nice day. Dorothy even made it to church today! She was so happy to be out and she looked beautiful. She was so weak, though. It was a hard outing for her.

After church we ate at the Mexican restaurant and then came home and got some sun. I had walked before church. That’s probably why I’m so sleepy! I forgot that I got up and started my day at 5:30!

I’m amazed at how stiff my muscles get. The doctors told me I’d have to exercise for the rest of my life; there’s no danger of me quitting because I get so stiff really quickly. It makes me know I’ve got to keep moving! It really amazes me how little time can go by before I feel like I’m shriveling into a knot. I’m sure able to do the exercises, though! I feel really good and thank God for my health, our family, our friends and so many other blessings.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo & Don!! It has been a long time for me to chat. I have been taking care of Mother since 5/29 due to a fall followed by pneumonia. The middle of this week I started coming home at night after she goes to sleep and returning each morning early to get her up. She is thriving with all the attention. (Just like a baby!!)
    I got caught up on all the blogs today. How is Don's blister on his heel? Your hair looks Great!! I love the curls. Bet it is easy to fix. Congrats to the DeSantis Family with the new baby on the way!
    I can't get over how much Nate has grown and matured!!
    Did you get the Mona Vie pamphlets? It is great, good energy.
    Wish we could have seen you when you were in Tenn. Did you get to see Tommy Warmbrod?
    Love you lots, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Lots of questions, Linda! Welcome home! I know you are so glad to get into your own bed at night. It sounds like a busy arrangement, but it works and this time is precious with your mom.

    Bless your heart for catching up on all the blogs. You're a great friend!

    Fix hair? I'm telling you there is NOTHING to it! This is really fun. God is giving me such a treat. I hope it lasts, but they tell me it will probably go back to natural for me some day. I'll enjoy it until it does. I'm so grateful for any hair, so I'll not complain!

    Don's heel is still black, but it doesn't hurt him a bit. I guess it just takes a long time to fade. He's proud to say he made that hike, so he's not letting that blister bother him. He's back to walking with me every day.

    I wish you could have met us when we were in Pigeon Forge because it was so close for you. However, I knew you were busy with your mom, so it just wasn't a good time. There'll be another chance. I sure would have loved to show them all off to you and you to them

    I did get the Mona Vie pamphlets, but I'm such a slug when it comes to snail mail. I didn't email since I knew you weren't home, but I should have said something in case you checked email sometime. Thanks for sharing with us. I think I'll pass on it for now. We seem to have plenty of energy and we already take so many vitamins and herbs! I'll keep it in mind, though.

    We didn't see Tommy Warmbrode. I didn't have a phone number for him and he wasn't listed in the phone book. I did think to send him an email, and I sent him a 'message' on the blog, which you probably saw. He didn't answer, so I think he wasn't home. He'd be smart to leave Gatlinburg in the summer because it's so packed! I imagine it's a good time to travel and golf! I think he told me he bought a place in Florida . . . but I could be dreaming.

    It's so good to hear from you! Love to your sweet mom and Tom.

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete