Thursday, June 12, 2008

Traveling, Friday, June 13.



The picture on the blog tonight is Nate, with Rob getting him ready for his Civil Air Patrol meeting earlier this week when we were in OKC. Gabe and I were sitting there watching and Gabe said, “Look how much taller Nate is than Dad.” I thought it was a picture I should get. I noticed later that Raynie is right down there beside them; wherever the action is, there is Raynie!

I’m writing this post before we leave, but I know we’re going to be missing Nate so much. When we count people someone will be missing and it will be Nate. We’ve never taken a group trip together without him, so I know we are really going to be missing him. He’ll be having a great time at his encampment with the Civil Air Patrol group, though. I’m looking forward to hearing all about his week!

This post is for Friday, the day that we will really be traveling. I doubt if I’ll have time to write and post, so Trish will post this for me before she leaves tomorrow. I thank God for Trish, who backs me up in every way, as if she didn’t have her hands full with 6 kids and a husband!

Last week my friend Wendy passed. A few days before my friend, Amanda’s (foster) mother passed. It’s so hard to give up people we love and who mean so much in our lives. In times of death I’ve leaned on the following quote: “How long does a man live? Is it as long as you can touch him or as long as he touches you?” (Author unknown.) Amanda posted on her website (http://www.indogo.org/hand.htm) a quote from a headstone in Ireland that is thought provoking: “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal; love leaves a memory no one can steal.” Thank you for your love! Thank you, God, for your love and for our family's safe traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment