Monday, June 30, 2008

Family and friends are precious.


I can't get the picture to post, but I'll go ahead with the post and add the picture tomorrow or as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience and love.

The picture on the blog is one we took last week at Gina’s house. Elena was being entertained by her older cousins, Elise and Kyle, or was it the other way around? Tonight Elena is spending the night with Gina and Brian, so they’ll all have a big time! Wish I could be there!

Today I got a package in the mail from Astra Zeneca, the company who makes the high dollar drug I’ve been taking. It’s a great packet of information and tools for me to use. I’m still going through it all. They have a lot of good information about breast cancer and hormone treatment afterwards, so I’m finding it very appropriate for me. I appreciate their sending it, but I don’t feel bad at all about moving to the generic pill. I used their drug for 3 months, so I’ve paid them enough to cover this nice packet. It’s been a good study for me, today.

I’m also reading two very different books. I don’t usually read two different books at a time because I get confused, but these books are very different, so I’m not likely to get confused. One is “Uplift” by Barbara Delinsky. It’s contributions of many breast cancer survivors put together to support women with breast cancer and their friends and family. It’s not about medical issues except to the extent that other women experienced them and how they handled them in a positive way. It’s VERY good, and I read some from it every day. My good friend, Amanda, sent it to me. The other one is “The Shack” by William P. Young. It’s a fictional book, but I believe it may have the potential to bring me even closer to God. I’m really enjoying both books and surely treasure the precious women who sent them to me. My baby sister (adopted in my mind and hers), Terri, sent me “The Shack.” Thank you Terri and Amanda for finding the books that speak to me right now. I enjoy reading whenever we are in the car or whenever I can at home. I find some time every day. I used to feel guilty when I read, but not anymore; I think I need the rest and relaxation it provides. These books provide both as well as encouragement.

Thank you, God, for precious family and for precious friends who feel like family. I trust you to put the people we need in our lives when we need them, and thank you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment