Saturday, June 7, 2008

Love of flowers runs in the family.



The pictures on the blog tonight are a couple that Gretta sent from their friends’ wedding. You have to see both pictures; I love the expressions. Elena was reaching for the flowers in the first one. The second one I think she got into a verbal battle over the flowers while Gretta bites her own tongue. The love of bouquets must be a genetic thing.
Dorothy and David are surviving, but waiting is so tough. This is hard on both of them, but they are tough people and treasured friends. We thank God for taking care of them and for putting them in our lives. Thank you for caring about people we love.

Don's heel is better as far as walking goes. I think it may be black for months. He's seeing great. Thank you, God, for the miracles of modern medicine.

Today I was so saddened to learn that a dear friend on this breast cancer journey lost her battle. She was only 36. She had the same kind of cancer and treatment that I had, only she was about 6 months ahead of me. Generally cancer is much more aggressive when it strikes the young. I found her on a site called breastcancerstories.com.


I wrote and asked her questions, and she was so gracious to take me by the hand and lead me through unknown territory. When we were in Houston, she called to tell me that her cancer was back and she has only lived this long (less than 4 months). I talked to her about a week ago and she was very content and at peace even though she new her life was nearing it's end. She knew that she had done all she could do to live, so this must be the plan for her life. She left her body for research in hopes that it will help others in their fight to live. God blessed me with her friendship and her leadership and He has stars in her halo. Thank you, God, for Wendy Cooper.

God blesses; don’t leave any of those blessings on the table. By that I mean see it all and enjoy it all; don’t save it for later because life is uncertain.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe that you are the Jo Wendy spoke to me about. I have read your whole story on breastcancerstories.com and I have been reading your blog daily for some time. Sorry to be a lurker but it's just nice to read about someone really living life after cancer. I have struggled with this feat but I am getting there. I didn't know as I have been reading your blog that you are Wendy's Jo. She spoke about you often. I guess I just never put two and two together. I miss Wendy tremendously. She was the very first breast cancer survivor I reached out to offer support and I ended up falling in love with her and her strength and spirit. She was such a great support for me. Feel free to e-mail me at rarmooch2178@yahoo.com. It would be nice to hear from you. Take care.
    Becky
    Oh my story is also on bcs.com
    http://www.breastcancerstories.com/rarmooch2178

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Becky! I'm so glad that you wrote; it's wonderful to 'meet' Wendy's Becky! Girl, you were such a tremendous support to her. Thank you for that! Thank you for writing to me, too. I've read all your stories, now and love that you've 'lurked' on my blog. Welcome! I sent you an email and know we'll be in touch.

    Love,

    Wendy's Jo :)

    ReplyDelete