Thursday, June 5, 2008

Life is good.

The picture on the blog tonight is one Trish sent Monday so we could see Grace’s current work. It’s interesting to me because Gabe won 1st place at the state fair for a painting he did of irises back when he was 7 or 8, I think. (It’s hanging on our wall, but we didn’t think to date it.) I guess a love of irises runs in this family. Certainly Robert’s artistic ability runs in their family. I think the picture is precious and it reminds me that life is good.

Our good friend, Steve Crawford, was in town to do a magic show for kids at the library this morning. It was great to see him. We used to work with him, so it’s great to get to see him once a year when he comes to do magic for the kids.

We learned today that Dorothy had to be moved to her sister’s house (Ada) in Oklahoma City today. Medicare wouldn’t pay for her to stay in the hospital. We are concerned that they won’t be able to manage her pain without using IV painkillers, but if they can’t, then they’ll take her back to the hospital. She only has to survive until the surgery, which is scheduled for next Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. If she can be comfortable, I know she’ll enjoy being with Ada.

I got the dreaded call from Angela today that the prison offered her the job she wanted. That’s wonderful for her, but it shatters my housekeeping plan! Angela thinks she’ll be able to clean for us once a month on her time off, but I don’t want to take her time off. We’ll see how it works. We’ll be gone a lot this summer and by the time we get to the end of summer she’ll know if she’s going to like working at the prison or not. If she’s happy there I’ll look for someone else who can clean for us. Daniel is a neat guy, so he’s not going to be an issue! We can make it through the summer. When she first called I had to really talk myself into believing we could survive this. Don was a big help! She’s been such a dream come true, but we’ll work through this.

Don’s eyes and back are doing fine from his procedures yesterday. I continue to do great. Keeping the house clean is an issue we can manage; it’s not anything I need to let stress me. It was good for me to concentrate on Grace’s picture. It reminds me that simple beauty can be so refreshing. Love is so refreshing. We have lots of both and that is what is important. Tonight the picture went onto the blog right away, as did Don’s picture for last night’s blog. When the pictures don’t post I get stressed and have to remind myself not to stress. What a challenge. God is still working on me; that’s for sure! He’s so good to bless me with health and love!

2 comments:

  1. Cheerful thoughts like sunbeams
    Lighten up the darkest fears
    For when the heart is happy
    There's just no time for tears.

    And when the face is smiling
    It's impossible to frown
    And when you are high-spirited
    You cannot feel low down.

    And since fear and dread and worry
    Cannot help in any way,
    It's much healthier and happier
    To be cheerful every day
    For when the heart is cheerful
    It cannot be filled with fear.

    And without fear, the way ahead
    Seems more distinct and clear.
    And we realize there's nothing
    We need ever face alone
    For our Heavenly Father loves us
    And our problems are His own.

    -helen steiner rice


    thankyou maryjo for sending finn and jayke magic post.theyboth send their love and huggles and snuggles.thankyou for sharing so much.
    thankyou for being you.

    love always


    amanda,mike,finn and jaykey
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, Mike, Finn and Jaykey, thanks so much for this post. I so needed this reminder today!

    Huggles and snuggles back to you all,

    Love you,

    Mary Jo
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete