Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Chris Highwalker!


The picture on the blog tonight is one I took of Nate when we came by there on our way home and dropped off Sadie. I love his regulation haircut; he had to have it for his Civil Air Patrol encampment. I guess the military brat in me loves those short haircuts! We sure missed him on our trip without him, but he had a great week. I realize that he is on his way out of the ‘nest,’ and it's scary!

Today I gathered flowers to take to one of my good friends at the nursing home because I heard on the radio that today is his birthday. Chris Highwalker is one of the most positive people I know and I hope today was one of his best birthdays. He turned 37, so he has lots more to celebrate!

I also got to visit with Dorothy and David, again, today. Dorothy is doing better each day. It’s tough coming back from surgery, but she’s really a trooper and is working to regain her strength.

I’m still working to get everything put in it’s place from our trip. I always have a hard time with this when we come home. There just doesn’t seem to be time to read all the mail, the email, get all the laundry done and put everything in it’s place. I’m kind of a slug when it comes to that. I’m working on it.

Thanks for keeping up with us. I hear from lots of you by email and I thank God for so many people in my life who care. God is great through you (as well as on His own!).

No comments:

Post a Comment