Monday, June 9, 2008

Gap closing.




The picture on the blog tonight is a crop of one of the shots Don got of me the other day with the bulbs and irises. I don’t have anything new for the blog, so I thought I’d use this one to show you how my gap is closing. I’m pleased with my bands. If you look closely, you’ll see them on my teeth, but the main thing is that the gap is closing! This hair is what I call chemo pixie; Tricia's Nate calls it microwave hair because I've been nuked. Grandkids are something!

Things are good here. We had almost an inch of rain this morning, so we didn’t walk early. We went to breakfast and then I went over and spent the morning with Dorothy getting her all ready for surgery tomorrow. She’s clean from head to toe and ready for relief! We’ll leave the hospital with her at 6 in the morning, so it’ll be another early morning for us. We’re used to it from getting up early to walk.

We were able to walk around noon because it quit raining and it’s been cool (only 80) today. We walked around the lake, then down to the Kozy Diner for lunch, then back by the hospital to check on Dorothy and David. I am so grateful to be able to walk!

This past week when we had such big winds, the big town in the area, Altus had 20 million dollars worth of damage done! They had winds up to 90 mph, but they were straight winds; thank God there were no twisting winds or it would have wiped them off the map. Altus is about 35 miles from here, and has Altus Air Force Base; I think their population is about 25,000. They lots of things we don’t have, so it’s our closest ‘big town.’ We thank God that no lives were lost and that we managed to get by with winds that were 50 – 70 mph. We’ve lived here 12 years and feel so blessed to have escaped any major storms.

We will spend the night in OKC tomorrow, but I’ll take the laptop and post to the blog. I thank God for the blog and the Internet to keep us in touch; what a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment