Monday, June 23, 2008

Home!

Whew! We are home, safe and happy! The picture on the blog tonight is one I took of Gina’s kids playing on their ‘pirate ship’ with Sadie. It’s too far away to tell too much about them, but they are Elise, Ethan and Kyle with Sadie in the front. They had such a blast playing together. Kyle will be 11 this month; Elise is 8 and Ethan is 5. Kyle and Sadie are the same age, so they play well together. Elise is so glad to have a girl there that she and Sadie easily get along great. Ethan can get along with anyone, so it was a great mix.

We left this morning at 7 their time, which is 6 our time. We drove hard all day and got home about a half hour ago. We stopped in OKC to take Sadie home and to collect hugs, but came straight home. Home is so sweet! It was good to see Daniel and the house in one piece. They had one tornado scare, but it didn’t hit, so that’s great!

I called Dorothy on the way home and she’d doing better and better. It’s hard to get her strength back after being down for so long. We’re going to see them in the morning after breakfast and she feels like sitting up for a haircut. A haircut will surely giver her a lift! It always does me.

Don drove all the way. Sadie and I played cards all the way. When we were pulling off the interstate to take her home Don said, “Do you realize you’ve played cards for 10 hours?” We both had a nap for a while this morning. Other than that nap, we did play all the way. It made the trip go fast for us and we had a blast. I love to play cards with anyone, but it’s special with the kids. My mom played cards with us, so I feel like it’s a continued connection with her for all of us. I thank God for precious memories and for the opportunity to make more. I thank Him for my ability to pick up and hold the cards; I couldn’t do that when I had the neuropathy, so I’m so grateful to have that ability again. I thank Him for the ability to count, although I ask Him to help me with that as I struggle with it. God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment