Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ready to go to Tennessee!


The picture on the blog tonight is Gabe, holding an airplane he made and painted. He didn't make it from a kit; he made it from scratch. He is riding with Don and I and Mason and Grace tomorrow. We'll leave OKC at 8 and drive to Jackson, TN, where we're spending the night. Rob will work as long as necessary and then he, Trish, Sadie and Raynie will follow us. We'll be staying the night in Jackson and then we'll get up the next morning and drive to Lebanon for the reunion. After the reunion, we'll head for Pigeon Forge. Woo Hoo! I hate to fly, but Gabe will probably be wishing we were flying! (Gabe is 13.)


I continue to feel so good; I thank God for all these good days! I am so much back to like I used to be. I even shave my legs with a safety razor; yep, the hair came back in full force. Radiation took the hair forever out from one armpit, though. Maybe that's gross to report, but it's how it is and some of you may need to know that's how it can be. I wear these strap on boobs whenever I clean up; otherwise I don't. It's nice to be versatile! My chest feels tight all the time (which I never expected), so it feels like I'm wearing a bra even when I'm not. I don't even feel it when I'm wearing the bra and boobs. I mention all this so you will be prepared if you or someone you know faces breast cancer.


All the horror stories I've read about the side effects of Arimidex are not hitting me, yet. Maybe I'll never have a problem with it or maybe it happens after use over time. I just learned today that there is a GENERIC form of Arimidex and it costs $2.69 a pill instead of $9.50! Duh! I learn that $600 into this! I'm going to investigate it when we get home and, hopefully, save us a ton of money! The doctor told me I would gain weight through all this. So far, I haven't. Maybe she didn't realize I would walk an hour every day. I'm sure that's helping me to keep the weight down. I'm sure it helps me to feel good, so I'm not quiting for anything; God made me able to walk and I'm not leaving that gift on the table!


I'm writing a post for tomorrow and Trish will post it before she and Rob leave tomorrow. I may write one for Saturday and post it when we get to Pigeon Forge. Bear with me if I'm not totally up to date, but I'll catch up with pictures of our trip as soon as possible. I'll get a post on here every day because I appreciate that you care and that you read. I thank God for all of you who read about us and pray for our health and safety.


No comments:

Post a Comment