Saturday, June 28, 2008

God provides all our needs.


The picture on the blog is one I took of Elena and Raynie when we were at the park in Gatlinburg. After we went to the Great Smokey Mountain National Park we stopped back in Gatlinburg and ate lunch. After lunch Gretta and Don and I took all the kids to a park to play (and catch salamanders in the creek) while Trish and Rob shopped a little bit. The park was way cool for the big kids to play in the creek and Elena and Raynie had fun, too. In this picture we had them sitting on a picnic table and they were adjusting to the new surroundings.

Today began with rain, so we couldn’t walk early. Later it was cloudy, so we walked, but by then it was HOT. There was no wind, so it was down right steamy. It reminded us to give thanks for Oklahoma’s usual wind! After our walk it was the perfect time to pull all the larkspur out of the garden since the ground was soft. The larkspur were through blooming, so it was time for them to go. It was a thing I could do, so I sure enjoyed it. After that I shelled pecans in the sunshine for about an hour (The wind was back by then.). God provided for a wonderful day with varied weather and reminders that we have so much for which to give thanks! Cancer doesn’t like heat, so all the heat I can take is good for me; the wind helps me take it!

I made a correction on last night’s post about my drug savings. I fumbled with the numbers; the pills only cost me $10 a day, but I got the new ones ordered last night for $2.50 each, so I’m still overjoyed! God is great and He provides everything from wind to cheaper drugs and that’s just the small stuff! He’s so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment