Saturday, May 15, 2010

And, the bedroom:


Someone asked about the bedroom floor, so here is the picture. We use the term 'bedroom,' loosely. When the house was built it was designed as a bedroom. We have a bed in there and Sadie usually sleeps in there when she comes. However, the kids use it for a playroom when they come; all the toys are in here (in the closet and that chest at the end of the bed. When the kids aren't here, we use it for a gym (they do too!). Notice the Power Plate on the rug; that's a thing I use every day. Anyway, the floor is the same one we used in the kitchen and laundry room. We have gold carpet in the other two bedrooms and the living room; I think it will never wear out and it is wonderfully soft, so I like it in spite of the color. Our bedroom and bathroom has Berber (sp?) carpet that is white with speckles in it. The hall, living room and dining room have parquet with rugs (the living room rug was made out of the same carpet that is in the bedrooms. I hope our floors are in good shape for as long as we live here; I'm content, now that this Pergo has come to live with us and it's guaranteed for 25 years.

Today I went into chopping and cooking mode. I made quiche to last me for a week and a batch of tabouli. I'll share the tabouli with Dorothy; she and I love it and this batch makes a bunch. Ruthie, wish you were here to share with me. Don won't eat tabouli and he usually won't eat quiche, but I forgot the cheese, so maybe I can tempt him with it? I cleaned a couple of pounds of carrots, so we're good for carrots for the week, too. We eat carrots like rabbits.

We went yard saling today and hit a bonanza on shorts and shirts for Don. It was so fun. Then I had to come home and wash it all, though. There's always the down-side. It's all done, though. I have a couple of buttons to replace and a hole to mend; that's easy stuff. I thank God for yard sales; I would hate to pay full price for stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment