Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Old, really icky floor.


This is the picture of where the grape juice stained the floor. Ick; now, it's gone, though: Woohoo! These guys have really been working hard, but there are so many angles to challenge them. This floor adds about 3/8 to 1/2 inch to the floor, so the cabinet doors on my pantry had to be trimmed. The pocket door going from the kitchen into the laundry room has been another challenge. In the closet where the hot water heater and our water filter are, they couldn't put this floor (because the floor has a drain and it has to be flat for this flooring), so I spent all morning cutting some left over vinyl to fit around the hot water heater and the filter. That was a challenge, but I got it done; they went right up to where the vinyl stops with this floor, so it looks good. Where this new floor leaves off and the parquet begins (in the kitchen) or carpet in our room and down to the basement they have to put transitions: that is strips that hide the edges. The transitions are tricky because of the concrete floor, so they'll finish that and all the rest of the trim tomorrow. They got a lot of the trim in the kitchen done and they put my stove back in it's place, so I was able to fix dinner. The kitchen table and the fridge and the island are still in the living room, so we are still way mixed up around here!

We took the final pieces out of the bedroom, and I've mopped in there, so it's really ready for them to do tomorrow. Man, I hope they finish it all tomorrow, but that's asking a lot, considering it's been two days already on just the kitchen and laundry room. There are lots of corners and tricky spots with those rooms, though. Tomorrow the washer and dryer can come inside and I'll feel more like I'm at home. I really am eager to get everything put back like it belongs in this house, but I'm so happy to have this new flooring!

We haven't been able to get to our equipment to do all our exercises, so that's frustrating. I'm pretending that we're traveling and I just can't do it. I feel like I'm committing a crime when I don't do these exercises. I could power plate until tonight; now the power plate is sitting in the hall . . . I might be able to pull it close enough to the bathroom to reach the plug in there. I did power plate today, though, so maybe they'll be done in time to do it tomorrow night. I've going to go see if I can find the space to jiggle as soon as I finish this.

Again, we're thanking God that we have no tornadoes here tonight. I thank Him for a wonderful home, too.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the new floor! Love all your pictures of flowers. I really have never liked iris's that much but since all your pictures I've been looking at them around here and there are some really pretty ones.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I answered this, but where did it go? Anyway, I was saying, the irises grew on me, too. They are the Tennessee state flower, so when we moved here they kind of made me feel at home. Don's mother planted the blue/purple and white ones, so they were special for that reason. I had taken some to Tennessee and planted them there, so when we moved here they were a token of home in that way, too. Joan introduced re-bloomers to me and I'm totally hooked. I love bringing them inside event up until Thanksgiving. I'm glad you're enjoying them with me.

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete