Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A work in process . . .


The picture tonight is our old kitchen floor. See how it has yellow spots in it? That has been driving me crazy for years. If you could see closer there are many dug out places that really drive me crazy because I keep wanting to clean it and it won't clean. I keep my island over most of this yellow stuff, so it's not noticeable, but I know it's there! When the electricity was off for 5 days this winter, some grape juice thawed in the freezer and ran out on the floor and made stains that look like we killed a chicken in the kitchen or something. So, that was the deal maker; even Don said we should fix that! Thus the new floor. Tomorrow I'll post the grape juice stains. Soon the new floor will be done and I'll post a picture of it.

The floor is mostly done in the kitchen, but the trim is yet to go back where it belongs. The stove and washer and dryer are still in the garage and the fridge is in the living room. It's been a wild day. It feels a bit like we're moving; enough to make me know I don't want to move! We moved all the furniture out of the bedroom, so it's ready for the guys to work in there when they finish the laundry room and kitchen tomorrow. We've got things all out of place all over the house, so that's wild.

The best news is that I found my dad's baby dress. (If my dad were still alive he would be 92 this August, so that baby dress is pretty old !) It was in a plastic bag that had fallen behind the washer and dryer! It's been lost for over 3 years, so I was in shock to find it. I had looked all over this house including the attic and basement for that dress and could not find it. I never pulled out the washer and dryer, though. Duh. I'm thrilled to find it!

It's sure a nice mothers day present to get a new floor. And to find Papasan's dress is a real thrill and relief. I was up until 12:30 getting everything ready for them to do the kitchen. I'm headed to bed as soon as possible tonight. I thank God we aren't having tornadoes tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment