Tuesday, May 4, 2010

I call it Hazel's dress up garden.


This is Hazel in her garden. See how organized and beautiful it is? She has great flowers and it's just like her: organized and beautiful, inside and out. You may recognize her from pictures I've posted previously because she plays cards with us sometimes. She's a great friend and neighbor. She lives across the street from us and her daughter lives next door to us, so we live in a great spot! I'm going over to her house tonight to show her how to forward emails and put pictures on FaceBook. She just bought a laptop a few months ago, so she's learning all the time. I'll post more pictures of her garden over the next few days; her garden is a treat!

Today was a great day for us. The weather was beautiful. We collected sun and then cut Don's hair. As I cut his hair I said, "This is twice I've cut your hair and not David's; he must need a haircut." I called to see if he did and he said, "Come on!" He didn't look woolly to me, but he has curly hair, so curly hair has a way of laying nicely. I managed to cut off quite a bit. I trimmed Dorothy, too, so we're a neat bunch for a couple of weeks. I love it when I can trim some hair; that must say something about me, but I don't know what. Maybe a shrink out there can tell me what it says that I love to cut hair.

I am so grateful to be feeling so good. I keep repeating that I sure thank God for making our bodies so that they heal and repair, but it's a constant thought.

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful garden..why aren't you over there taking macros?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't ever figure out which angle to use; take it from the top, from the side? I know it sounds stupid, but it's the kind of detail that stops me! I haven't even taken macros in my own yard. I get down there and then all the stalks are in the way and my back gets all in a snit over it, so I turn off the camera and come in the house. Duh. I love the flowers, not the pictures; you make this work. :) But, I love you!

    ReplyDelete