Saturday, May 1, 2010

Original Iris patch.


This picture Don took today of me out in the original iris patch. These are irises that his mother planted MANY years ago, probably 25 year ago, or more. I was just dead heading them, so if you look close you'll see they needed my attention. It's such a wonder the wind didn't ruin them! Notice the pasture behind me; we're right on the edge of town and there is nothing to stop the wind when it whips through here. These irises and that little redbud take a real whipping.

Joan and I had a great time garage saling with Carol today. We found some good bargains and came home happy and exhausted. We celebrated Joan's birthday at Montana Mike's in Clinton.

Don took pictures of me in all of my iris patches today, so they'll be on the blog for the next few days. Then I went across the street and took pictures of our neighbor, Hazel, in her iris garden. Oh, my! She has a 'dress up garden.' You'll see what that means; it's so perfect! She gives me lots of starts from her awesome irises, so it's another blessing to me! Great neighbors are a gift from God. Hazel used to keep an eye on Don's mom and dad for us before we moved here and she was Don's sister's best friend when they were in high school. It's wonderful to have good friends who go back a long, long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment