Thursday, May 13, 2010

Very close. Here's a preview.

This is the new floor. I took the picture before they got the trim done, but it's the best I could do. You know, they have all their 'stuff' all over the floor and then it's done and it's all I can do to get it swept before they bring in the washer/dryer and fridge! Then they got that all inside and the water line is leaking on the fridge. You know, it's one of those things that work fine until you move it and then it leaks! Ugh. So, the fridge is in the kitchen, but sitting in the middle of the floor so they can work on the water line tomorrow. The washer/dryer are in the laundry room, but not up to the wall because they have to be able to get back there to hook up the water line to the fridge. (The fridge backs up to the wall you see to the right and the water line goes through that wall to the laundry room which is through that door.

The pantry is through that open doorway straight ahead. The floor is just enough higher that the cart I kept in there won't fit ~ no problem, because I had another one in the closet in the laundry room and it would fit, so I traded them. So, I did get to put the pantry back together and the closet in the laundry room. The hot water heater closet is done, too; that's where I hang my clothes to dry since I don't have a clothes line. The hot water heater closet is my alternative to ironing; I have an iron and an ironing board, but it's against my religion to use them. (Religion is my opinion is a bunch of silly rules; Christianity is a whole other thing that is VERY important to me, by the way.)

So, there is some more of how this week has gone. It's been a wonderful week and I really am mostly enjoying it. I'm excited about things getting back like they should be. The bedroom floor is almost done; they'll finish it tomorrow and I THINK they will be done with the whole thing tomorrow. It'll probably take me all weekend to get the house in order, but I'm loving this! I thank God that I am able to do this and alive to enjoy it. How richly blessed I am and the new floor is a happy bonus and wonderful mother's/father's day present.

2 comments:

  1. Jo,

    Love the floor...it goes great with your cabinets. Also, love your definition of religion--my thoughts exactly. Christianity is what we practice...just like Jesus...love your neighbor as yourself and show the love. Gifts of the spirit are the greatest blessing.

    Watching granddaughters this weekend playing softball in Martinsburg. Take care.

    Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Donna. I'm sorry I didn't get around to answering your post. It's been so busy around here, but all great times.

    I know you had fun watching the girls playing ball. They are really pretty athletic, aren't they?

    I'm glad we think along the same lines about Christianity. I get frustrated a lot and like to remind myself that it's all about LOVE and not perfection on anyone's part. Christ was the perfect one, but He never asked us to be perfect; He always emphasizes love.

    Love you,

    Jo

    PS: I'm so enjoying the new floor! Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete