Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fun, full day.


This picture isn't the greatest scenery, but it has sure been a lot of fun. Tom and I were leaning against the wall at the dam, which we explored today. We drove out to the lake and around the lodge, etc. It was a fun day. It's so much fun to have Tom here to take him on 'Don's tours' of southwestern Oklahoma.

This morning we had breakfast at the Kozy Diner with David and Dorothy. Then we went out to show him David and Dorothy's place out in the country, just south of town. David had work to do in town, but Dorothy jumped into the car with us and showed us all around her grandson's huge pig farms. That was way interesting; one has 1200 sows and the other has 1500 sows! We couldn't go inside because they have to be so careful of disease (for the sows!); I was happy to smell them from outside and absolutely believe there are a bunch of sows in there! We drove out to the Indian cemetery, too. We got pictures of Dorothy and I out there, which I'll post one day before too long.

We're having the best time. I so thank God for life long friends! And, thank you, Linda, for sharing Tom with us; we sure miss you!

2 comments:

  1. I liked your line about "smelling the sows from outside!!!" Shew! Wouldn't hurt my feelings either to see them from outside. I can't imagine seeing 1200-1500 sows (a pig by another name is a pig) in one place!! Bet it was interesting, and I would just have to have one look inside! Hey Tom--have fun!!! Love you all, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you're so sweet to be gracious about Tom staying with us! We're having such a good time. Tom sure did want to get a look inside at those sows, too, but they don't allow it. It's amazing how picky they are about a bunch of pigs. Ha! Outside was close enough for me, but you know Tom.

    Sure miss you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete