Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


This picture is one Don took today of me with the last of my irises. Of course the re-bloomers will bloom again, but for now it looks like the irises are mostly done. There are still a few out there in bloom, but the big hoorah is over, I think. I cut one of the white ones with a yellow beard and put it into the corsage carrier that I saved from the Easter corsage Heather and Brett gave me when we were in Houston. I forgot to get a picture of that beautiful orchid, but I loved it and could only throw out the flower when it died. I enjoyed wearing the bow again with an iris today. It smelled so good and made me well aware that it was a good day to recall and cherish all the kids in our family, as well as all the great moms. We're so blessed to have wonderful moms currently and as far back as I can remember. God has sure blessed us!

Don and I shopped Friday for flooring for the kitchen and our bedroom that we use as a 'gym.' We'd left it all in the car and today we hauled it into the dining room. In the morning the guy who is going to lay it for us is coming to talk about it and schedule the time to lay it. I hope he can do it before the kids come for Memorial Day weekend, since it's in the dining room! Besides, I am so READY to replace that kitchen floor! It's our Mother's and Father's Day present to each other.

Celebrate every single day the mothers and children in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment