Sunday, September 5, 2010

Cool dude.

Tonight's picture is one Trish or Sadie took of Gabe when we were in Gatlinburg this year. He was hiking all over that creek and they got him to stand still for a minute for this picture. Gabe is the king of adventure, so it was something to get a picture of him before he disappeared into the wilderness. He's such a cool dude; just ask his grammy and she'll tell you how cool he is! He's a sophomore this year.

Today was such a wonderful day! We've had a few cooler days and I was afraid to get hooked on them. However, I went out this afternoon and cleaned out the front flower bed and it was such a delight! I've neglected the flower beds this year because it's been so hot. I've hardly even enjoyed the flowers. I never even brought in any cut flowers. It just seemed like it wasn't worth the sweat! So, today I cut down all the dead flowers and pulled out all the weeds. I picked up a bunch of windmill weeds, but there are still gobs out there. I carried 7 STUFFED bags out to the dumpster. It felt so good to be out there working. I had sweat dripping off my nose, so my head was plenty hot, but the rest of me didn't feel like it was too hot. It was really an enjoyable task, and it feels good to have accomplished it.

I am so grateful that I can work in the yard. What a blessing! Three years ago I was 5 weeks into chemo and totally bald. I had to avoid the sun and didn't have the energy to do anything outside, anyway. It's such a blessing to feel so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment