Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Favorites in every way.

Tonight's picture is of a couple of my very favorite people. This is Debbie Allin Shushkewitch and her sister Dana Allin Minnis. They are two such delightful people! They came to Itazuke at just about the time that I was leaving and I never new them there. One was a year older than me and the other was a year younger. So, if we were there at the same time, our paths didn't get to cross. At this point in life, a year here and there makes no difference. They came to their first reunion when I hosted it in Branson and they've brightened my life ever since. There are no two people who are more fun! They bicker back and forth in such a comic fashion; then the next thing I know one says, "Here, Sis, come over here by me." There may be a lot of bickering, but there is never a doubt about the unconditional love between these two. It's my joy to ever be around them. I thank God for wonderful women like these two in my life. If I had never gone to a reunion I would have missed these people in my life. Dana often comments on this blog, so if you follow the comments you may feel that you know Dana. Debbie is not as confident on the computer, so she comments by email rather than on the blog. I never doubt her support, though.

Charlie and Fran left this morning, so Don and I are on our own. We had a meeting with the staff here this afternoon and it was the most interesting we've ever had. It is really beautiful here. If it doesn't rain too much tomorrow we'll go hiking. Today we saw a peacock and he's shedding his feathers, so we got one with an eye on it! I'll post a picture of it someday soon; it's really cool. I hope we'll get to see him again and I'll get a picture of him if I can. He looks a little pathetic with most of his tail feathers gone, but he's still a beauty.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gee wiz Maryjo..i'm going to have to lay low and hide out now. Thanks for being so sweet to us..ALWAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, please don't lay low or hide out! I need you girls!!!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete