Thursday, September 2, 2010

Surviving toes.

The picture tonight is one I took so you'll see how my toes have healed. Remember the chemo caused (a common side effect) my big toe nails to get infected. In fact all my fingernails and toenails did weird things. The nails kind of pulled away from my fingers and toes. I had to cut them very short to keep them from getting caught on stuff and getting pulled off. The infections under my big toenails were disgusting and difficult to cure, but two rounds of Cipro did it. All my nails came back pretty well, except the big ones. They just never did grow to my toes again. I've let them grow, but they grow in and are very painful unless I keep them cut. They look so ugly, but they don't hurt, so I give thanks. Closed toed shoes don't feel good at all, so I'm so into crocks and any flip flops that give me support. The toes are ugly, but at least my heels aren't dry and cracked like lots of heels I see in sandals and flip flops.

I'm so grateful to not have pain in my feet and toes and hands and I don't have numbness. It's a miracle to me that all that could go away after it was so bad during chemo. I give thanks that I CAN walk and that I am alive and feel good. God is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment