Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yuck.

Tonight's picture is the bear on the porch across the street from the condo where we were staying in Gatlinburg. This is one of Tricia's pictures and they won't get bigger, so I chose one that was fairly clear of the bear. I ran out to see him, but didn't take my camera with me, so I'm sure glad Trish got these pictures and shared them with me.

Now, the yuck. I went to bed last night sneezing and with a scratchy throat. I hoped it would go away, but it was still there this morning. I don't feel as bad as I usually do when I'm coming down with something, so whatever this is I think it's pretty mild. It's definitely something that I don't want to pass to people, so I didn't go sing at the devotional at the nursing home today and I didn't go to play BUNCO tonight. I hated to miss both, but no way I want to spread this! I'm taking pills to keep it from going into bronchitis, so I hope they work, too. If I get bronchitis I'll cough for 2 or 3 months. Ugh.

So, I hung around the house and got a lot of sewing done today. That feels good. I love accomplishing something. Don't get me wrong; I don't really sew. I mostly alter things. Everything is too long for me, so I shorten things. Then when I lose weight I have to take things up to fit better. When I gain weight I let it back out, but I never plan to do that, again! I'm grateful to be able to see well enough to still sew. Threading the machine is a major deal for me, but I have a threader that helps a lot. So far, I've managed to make it 18 months since I was told I had to have my cataracts removed without having them removed. In fact they are improved to the point that they aren't bad enough to remove so I think that's pretty spectacular. I'm so grateful for so many blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Hi MaryJo, I hope you get rid of that bug soon. Feel better!
    Love,
    Wendy's
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becky. It is a very mild thing, so far. It's just enough for me to know I have something. I'm taking Nyquil and Daquil and they keep me feeling pretty good. If I can just keep it from going into bronchitis, which is what usually happens with me, it will be a major victory for me. I'll think twice before I offer to keep a sick child, again! I was a little too over confident about how good I felt and my body is telling me I'm not in as good a shape as I though. That's what I think in hoping to learn from this.

    Keep up your path of healing!

    Love you,

    Wendy's Jo

    ReplyDelete