Friday, September 10, 2010

God, please help us.


Here's another picture from our photo session with Elena. Gretta was coaching Elena to "Smile pretty." She wasn't buying it, but Raynie wanted to help! This tickles me! I thank God for these precious girls in our lives and for the precious memories with them.

Today started out wicked when David called to say he had been sick all night so they couldn't join us for breakfast. Well, as the day wore on he got to feeling some better. I went and got Dorothy to go with me to a mutual friend's retirement reception. Then we went to the grocery store together. When we got home David was fixing himself a pizza, so that's way good. He hadn't felt like eating all day before, so when his appetite is back, it's a good thing. So I left them and came on home to find that my magicJack wasn't working. I had two messages from Ruthie and couldn't call her back. I was online for 4 HOURS attempting to get it fixed. I have had some really hairy technical wars before, but this one took the cake. I've had some training lately in real love and it sure came in handy! I finally got a girl who had me fixed in about 20 minutes. I quickly got online then, only to find out that another treasured friend has cancer. I feel like my brother looked the time he decided to get into the boxing ring and some guy just kept hitting him while he stumbled around. It seems like just when I stand up I get knocked down, again. But, God made us tough enough to take whatever is dished our way. He is there to help and make us strong. None of this is about ME; I get to be supportive and I thank God for the strength to be supportive! The best news is that I've felt much better today. I think I'm fine and I thank God for that. My friend, who has cancer will be fine. I know it; God will see to it. His wife told me and doesn't want the world to know at this point, so please just pray for Mary Jo's friend. God knows who he is. Actually, God knows that I have another friend who also needs prayers for his very serious cancer and he wants us to keep this quiet. People deal with things differently, but God works for all of us; this is all a piece of cake for Him. Let's Give Him the glory and thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment