Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Smokey Mountains.


The picture tonight is a shot I took of the pool with the mountains in the background. This is why they call them the Smokey Mountains. So much of the time it is foggy, giving it that smokey look. It must have been raining because there is nobody in the pool. We didn't have much rain while we were there, though. It was really a wonderful place, nestled in the mountains. All of us who live in Oklahoma were pretty amazed at the mountains and huge trees. We have mountains and trees, but not on THIS scale! I thank God for His awesome handiwork. How blessed we are to get to experience so much beauty all over our country.

Today it was rainy from the hurricane, but not stormy. It was just a slow rain when it did rain and sometimes it didn't even rain. It was an interesting change, and I'm grateful we didn't have enough rain to cause the flooding they were predicting.

I'm still not getting out. I don't feel good, but I don't feel all that bad. I was able to get a good start on packing for our trip, so that's good. I got some sewing done, too. I'm sure I've got something that doesn't need to be spread, so it's best for me to lay low until my head clears.

Sorry this post is so late, but I stumbled upon a movie I've been wanting to see on TV! The Client was the first of John Grisham's books that I've read and I was so tickled to get to see it. That was a real treat for me, so I watched it instead of posting earlier. Thanks for keeping up with me!

3 comments:

  1. Got it!!! I went to Netflix and searched all the Tom Cruise movies and found the name, "The Firm." Read and see, it is terrific! xxoo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh, I know my last comment makes no sense. This is because I sent a previous comment rambling on about the John Grisham movies recommending "A Time of Kill" and "The Firm," which did not publish to your blog. Anyway, not important I guess. Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! It IS important! I so want to see all these movies. I absolutely love his books! I really want to see "A Time to Kill." I'm reading "The Pelican Brief" right now. I think I saw the movie years ago, but I don't remember it at all. Maybe it was "The Firm" that I saw? Anyway, I want to see it, again, now that I've read the book. I like another bond between us!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete