Thursday, September 23, 2010

The leaves are blushing.


Tonight's picture is one Don took of me on our way to the pool this afternoon. The trees around us are mostly oak, but these little dogwoods are changing their colors. You can see lots of leaves on the ground, but I think they are from last year because oak leaves turn, but hang on until the new growth pushes them off in the spring.

We are nestled in a beautiful surrounding. I was loading the car tonight and saw a deer go through the parking lot past the other side of our cabin. I was going in for another load and hollered at Don to run look out our front window for her. She was there with another doe and 3 little fawns! That was so fun. I grabbed the camera, but by the time I got out to snap the picture they got too far away to capture them. I did get two of them in a picture, but it's not very clear. It's like one of those hidden pictures; it's good for my memories, but probably not good enough to share.

We're all packed and ready to go. I'm taking a sauna sort of bath tonight; we're watching new TV shows and heading to bed to get up at 3:45 so we can leave at 4:30 in the morning. That's a tough way to start the reunion, but it'll be fun. A bunch of us are gathering at the hotel to go to a tour of the White House. It'll be fun! I thank God that many of us can go! We're not spring chickens, so many of us have health issue that keep them away. Some are still working and have other responsibilities that keep them from joining us. I'm grateful for the ones who can join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment