Saturday, September 25, 2010

'Off base' at the White House!

The lighting wasn't the best for this picture, but you couldn't get a better group! We all toured the White House and then walked to the capitol for a tour there. These people are too old to be making that 30 mile walk! (It was only several blocks, but it felt like 30 miles in the heat!) I'm not going to name all these people; if there is someone there you know I hope you recognize them. Ha! Don and I are in there; can you find us?

It was so fun to make an excursion together and cut up all the way! Susan Parks Tarter (second from far right) planned the trip. She got clearance for several of us through her state senator. Terry Yamashita (tallest guy in the back, beside Don) had tickets for another 6 through his senator. Susan arranged for 2 vans that carried all of us over there. Then we came back by the Metro and the hotel shuttle. What an excursion!

I'm posting this, now, because I doubt if I can get online tonight. Tonight is the banquet, auction and dance. Woohoo!

God bless and PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment