Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Power Plate for lymphedema.

Tonight's picture is another Don took of me on the Power Plate. This position is good for my lymphedema and my back. I do 2 minutes like this and 8 minutes standing. 10 minutes is a very small investment of time for the good it does me!

We went to Oklahoma City today to run some errands and we got to have lunch with Trish. Then we saw Raynie, Grace and Mason later. Sadie had volleyball practice and Gabe was off learning to skateboard. Nate is gone to OU, and Rob was at work, so we saw only half the family. It was fun to see them, though! I went without my camera, so I didn't get pictures. UGH!

We had a safe trip, though. The 'new' Venture did just fine. We thank God for the safe trip!

3 comments:

  1. If you click on this picture, you can see the picture on the wall of Nate, Gabe, and Sadie with Garrett. Sadie and Garrett were about 3, so I guess Gabe was 6 and Nate was 9 . . . something like that. Nate is off to college, now! I still love that precious picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post and cong for you success and best of luck for every thing.
    After seeing your progress and knowledge in the field of natural remedies plz tell me about abdoman lymphedema?
    How can I perform particular excercises which help my abs LE.
    Once again thankyou for sharing your success and information provided by your site to encourage others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous,

    The thing I've found that helps the most with lymphedema is losing weight. I did lots of exercises for my arm and, while it did relieve the pain, the swelling was still there. It is still there, but not so much and it is much less painful with losing weight. I still have lymphedema on the right side of my chest, too. I think ANY exercise helps to keep the lymph moving. Losing some fat helps me to see what is swelling as opposed to what is fat. Then when I determine what is swelling, massaging it seems to help some.

    I really believe the power plate is so good for all the lymphedema in my arm and chest. I would suspect it would be good in the abs, too.

    Good luck!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete